Picnics at the Taalmonument
Stunning views make the monument a popular picnic spot. Bring your own basket or order one at our coffee shop.
- Picnics are allowed and the usual entry fee is applicable (R20 adults, R10 students and R5 children).
- Groups of more than 20 people must pre-book their picnic spot with Natasha-Lee October at tel. 021 863 809/0543.
- Please note that our garden is a no-smoking, no-bins area. No smoking is allowed on the lawn. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas. Rubbish bins are not present in most parts. We appeal to visitors to take their refuse with them when they leave the monument and dispose of it responsibly.
- No dogs, fires, music, chairs, tables, umbrellas, tents etc. are allowed.
- Right of admission is reserved.
- The Taalmonument will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury sustained on its premises.
- Entry to the Taalmonument and parking at the Taalmonument is at own risk.
- Enjoy your visit to the Taalmonument, protect our natural heritage and please abide by the Terms and conditions: Visitors caught breaking the terms and conditions may be fined.