Taalmonument: Volksmond Coffee and Curio Shop
Our coffee shop is a cosy venue with unequalled views. Open seven days of the week from 08:00 to 17:00. Our menu includes: breakfast, picnic baskets, lunch, traditional meals like bobotie, cake, tea, coffee, beer and wine. Afrikaans books, crafts, postcards and souvenirs for sale.
Address: Gabbema Doordrift Street, Paarl Mountain, Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa
GPS coordinates: 33° 45' 58.64" S 18° 56' 35.36" E
Take Exit 55 from the N1 (which leads to Paarl's Main Road, the R45)
Directions and map
Open: Mon. to Sun. 08:00–17:00Â (open until late for functions)
31 Dec: 08:00-12:00
Closed: Good Friday, Christmas Eve (24 Dec.), Christmas (25 Dec.) and New Year's Day (1 Jan)
Elnette van der Bank
Tel: +27 (0)21 863 2800/+27 (0)84 911 2848
- Our bobotie, lasagne and salad, filled pancakes, and breakfasts are the most popular items on our menu.
- We advertise our daily specials on the black board outside, for example bobotie, chicken pie, quiche and salad, or breakfast muffins with green fig preserve.Â
- “Volksmondjie” is a tailor-made menu for children under the age of 12 years with breakfasts, burgers, toasted sandwiches and chips as the main items on this menu.
- We have a kiddies' play area, and we offer a free colouring activity.
- Kids can build their own clay Taalmonument @ R25 per kid